Thanks for your interest. Currently I am not holding workshops and presentations due to the COVID-19 epidemic until further notice. Please check back from time to time!
Workshops and Presentations
Generally, presentations require 50 minutes plus a 30-minute (or more) Q&A period.
Workshops require 2 hours.
Series workshops require 2 hours per session. I can schedule up to 3 sessions per day.
- Build it and they will grow: Designing Eco-Intensive Garden Beds
- Just Char It! Two Easy Methods for Making Biochar
- Making and Preparing Biochar for Horticultural Container Media
- Formulating and Blending Grow Media from Sustainable Substrates
- See Plant Grow! A Zonal System for Stocking Large Containers
- Boil and Bubble! Formulating Fermented Fertigation Solutions
- More to come.
Series Workshop Topics
- Growing the First Third of the Seasonal Household Diet:
- Site Assessment and Mapping
- Determining Garden Size
- Designing the Garden
- Ordering Seeds
- Scheduling Planting and Harvesting
- Food Preservation – an Overview
- Making High-Quality composts for Container Media
- Making Thermal Compost
- Making Vermicompost
- Making Bokashi (fermented compost)
- A High-Production Zoning System (spikes and layers) for Large Containers
- Assembling the Container
- Preparing the spike and layer media
- Plants with Purpose: Designing Garden Polycultures for Beauty and Function
- Beauty and the Beast: Shooing Away Garden Pests by Planting Flowers
- From Sky to Soil: Sequestering Carbon into the Soil by Gardening
- Growing the First Third of the Household Seasonal Diet: an Overview
- Biochar and Compost for Landscape Horticulture
- More to come.